Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dr. Cox and Hedgehogs

Remembering that you don’t have to be good at everything, what are two or three strengths that you have developed in your life and that set you apart from others?

Two of the things which I have developed to set me apart from others are a capacity to think creatively and an ability to connect with people. My goal in regards to these strengths is to always think outside of the box and make people feel like we've been best friends for a life time so that they will feel comfortable.

Why do you think General Norman Schwarzkopf felt that character is more important than strategy?

Character is more important than strategy because character is forever. Character lasts and is universal. It works in every situation and never goes out of style. Strategy is only a temporary fix to any problem. Make character your compass and everything else will take care of itself. Character is all you really need.

In your BYUSA assignment, what have you chosen as your “hedgehog,” or the thing(s) that you will do better than anyone else?

My hedgehog is going to be my ability to form relationships with people. I'm going to be closer and more aware of my volunteers and the people I work directly with than anyone else. I will take great care to make my volunteers feel like they are making a difference and that they are valued.


No comments:

Post a Comment